Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still Going

How's it going?

Well, over the time this course has been going I have basically come to the conclusion that if I am going to integrate technology into my classroom I am going to have to acquire my own technology for the students to use. I have a list of websites with educational grants to look through and am going to have to learn how to write a good grant. My students need to learn to use computers to do more than just Study Island and Facebook. To this end I am going to start ecaluating grants to see what I can qualify for and what sort of resources are available. My goals I suppose have changed from integrating technology, to aqcuiring technology so I can then integrate it into my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. We have a similar goal! If I come across something that seems like it fits I will let you know. I am trying to find grant opportunities too. Another possible site to look at: www.mygrantwrangler.com The more I think about it, the more I would like to find a way to get a class set of laptops and wireless internet. It seems like it would be easier to manage. I will have more time to devote to searching for funding when we finish this class. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that as teachers, we feel like we have to be experts in the material before we teach our students. In the area of technology, there are so many different tools we can use, it may take a while for us to become true experts. I think that the various applications and activities we have completed in our Walden classes have allowed me to develop a better understanding of how to implement these tools into the classroom. I feel more comfortable teaching tools that I have personally experienced in the courses. It is admireable that you are beginning to research various grants that could be used to enhance the education of your students. Good luck with writing those grants and acquiring new information and skills regarding technology.

    ReplyDelete